Fan votes are in, and Winnipeg Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck is headed to Sunrise, Florida, for the 2023 NHL All-Star game on February 3-4, 2023, hosted by the Florida Panthers at FLA Live Arena.
Hellebuyck, a fifth-round pick in 2012, 130th overall, won’t have anyone questioning the fans’ vote on his selection. Putting up similar, if not better, numbers in 2022/23 with a record of 22-12-0-1, 2.43 GAA, .923 % compared to the 2020 Vezina Trophy-winning season record of 31-21-0-5, 2.57 GAA, .923 save %.
Winnipeg’s 29-16-1 record has them battling the Dallas Stars for the top spot in the NHL Central Division. After missing the playoffs and a down year by Hellebuycks standards, both team and player have bounced back in a big way under new head coach Rick Bowness.
Hellebuyck will appear in the third NHL All-Star game of his career after making the 2018 and 2020 All-Star teams. He will join fellow Winnipeg Jets defenseman Josh Morrissey at the 2023 NHL All-Star game representing the Central Division.
Twelve players were announced as fan vote selections on January 19, 2023.
- F – Auston Matthews – Toronto Maple Leafs
- F – David Patrnak – Boston Bruins
- G – Andrei Vasilevskiy – Tampa Bay Lightning
- F – Artemi Panarin – New York Rangers
- G – Ilya Sorokin – New York Islanders
- D – Adam Fox – New York Rangers
- G – Connor Hellebuyck – Winnipeg Jets
- F – Mikko Rantanen – Colorado Avalanche
- F – Nathan MacKinnon – Colorado Avalanche
- F – Bo Horvat – Vancouver Canucks
- F – Leon Draisaitl – Edmonton Oilers
- G – Stuart Skinner – Edmonton Oilers