The Arizona Coyotes have signed winger Jason Zucker to a one-year, 5.3 million dollar contract. The all-around winger will slot nicely into the team’s top 6 and receive plenty of opportunities on the PP and EV. With his contract only being one year, should the Coyotes fall out of contention, he will be flippable at the trade deadline to bring in assets for the rebuild.
The two-way center returns to the desert on a two-year, $2.1 million per year deal. The fan favorite played exceptionally well for the Coyotes last season before being moved at the deadline. It brought up the team’s direction, Coach Tourigney, living in the area, and the teammates he will have as key reasons for his return. He should slot in as a middle-six center who will be an excellent locker-room presence and leader on the ice.
In another return to the desert, the Coyotes sign Troy Stecher to a one-year, $1.1 million deal. Stecher should be able to fill a role in the team’s bottom four again and play in all situations as needed. As it’s a one-year deal, should need be, he is also flippable at the deadline.
In his third time in the desert, Galchenyuk signs a two-way, $775k deal. While his days of carrying an offense are behind him, he will slot in as a fringe bottom 6/AHL forward. The fan favorite due to his personality and loud love of The Valley, it will be good for the fanbase to see him return.
The Chirpin Yotes Podcast Pre-Preseason Fireside Chat – The Chirpin Yotes Podcast
- The Chirpin Yotes Podcast Pre-Preseason Fireside Chat
- The Chirpin Yotes Podcast Ep. 65 Connor Green of Inisde the Rink Joins Us, Jan Jenik, Reverse Retros Here to Stay?
- The Chirpin Yotes Podcast Ep. 54: Part of Inside the Rink, NHL History Made, Should NHL do a Play-In?, Listener Q's
- The Chirpin Yotes Podcast Ep. 53 Keller for Masterson, Cooley at the Frozen Four, Coyotes Strike Back
- The Chirpin Yotes Podcast Ep. 52: Phoenix Sues Tempe, Josh Doan in Tucson, The Fanatics Deal