The Detroit Red Wings capped off a productive road trip with a 3-2 overtime loss in Dallas. The week continued Detroit’s longest road trip of the year, whereby the Red Wings played four games in seven days.
The Red Wings started the trip with a Sunday 4-2 win in Columbus. Detroit then split two games while in Florida by defeating Tampa Bay 4-2 and then dropping a 5-1 decision to the Panthers.
After Saturday’s loss to the Stars, the Red Wings continue to sit in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with a 13-8-6 record. After 27 games, the Red Wings sit 14th in the NHL standings in points (32) and 11th in winning percentage (.593).
- Ville Husso made two starts last week and now has a record of 11-4-4.
- Husso continues to lead all NHL goaltenders with three shutouts.
- Dylan Larkin continues to lead Detroit with 27 points in 27 games.
- Dominik Kubalik and Larkin share the Red Wings lead with ten goals.
- Kubalik continues to lead Detroit with 12 power-play points.
- Filip Hronek leads all Detroit defensemen in goals (6), assists (18), and points (24).
- Olli Maatta and Hronek lead all Red Wings with a +11 rating.
- Hronek remains 8th in scoring for NHL defensemen.
- The Red Wings have 20 power-play goals in 27 games. The Red Wings’ success rate on the power-play is 21.4%, placing Detroit 22nd overall.
- Detroit’s success rate on the penalty kill is 79.5%, good for 14th overall.
- David Perron played his 1,000th NHL game on Saturday.
- Ben Chiarot negatively leads the Red Wings with a -13 rating.
After Sunday’s OT loss, the Red Wings are 6-4-3 on the road. …With 84 goals scored, Detroit currently sits 21st overall in goals scored. …With 86 goals against this season, the Red Wings currently sit 16th overall in fewest goals against. …The Red Wings have a goals differential of -2 after 27 games. …With 32 points in the first 27 games, the Red Wings are on pace to collect 97 points on the season. …No injured players are expected back in the lineup until the New Year. …Magnus Hellberg played three conditioning games last week for the Grand Rapids (AHL) and, on Saturday, was recalled to Detroit. …Elmer Soderblom was sent to Grand Rapids and played two games on the weekend.
The Week Ahead
The upcoming week for the Detroit Red Wings includes three games in five days. The Red Wings will start the week on Tuesday at home against Carolina. Game time is 7:00 PM ET at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI. On Wednesday, Detroit will travel to Minnesota to play the Wild. Game time is 7:30 PM ET at Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN. The Red Wings return home for a Saturday afternoon game against Ottawa. Game time is 1:00 PM ET at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI.