The Detroit Red Wings picked up an enormous win over Columbus on Sunday that snapped a three-game winless streak. After starting the week with three home losses to Toronto (4-2), Buffalo (5-4, SO), and Vegas (4-1), the Red Wings battled to a 4-2 win in Columbus.
After Sunday’s win against the Blue Jackets, the Red Wings now sit in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with a 12-7-5 record. After 24 games, the Red Wings sit 13th in the NHL standings in points (29) and 12th in winning percentage (.604).
- Ville Husso made three starts last week and now has a record of 10-4-3.
- Husso continues to lead all NHL goaltenders with three shutouts.
- Dylan Larkin continues to lead Detroit with 17 assists and 26 points in 24 games.
- Dominik Kubalik leads the Red Wings with ten goals.
- Kubalik continues to lead Detroit with 12 power-play points.
- Filip Hronek leads all Detroit defensemen in goals (6), assists (16), and points (22).
- Hronek also leads all Red Wings with a +11 rating.
- Hronek is currently 8th in scoring for NHL defensemen.
- The Red Wings have 20 power-play goals in 24 games. The Red Wings success rate on the power-play is 22.0%, placing Detroit 18th overall.
- Detroit’s success rate on the penalty kill is 78.3%, good for 15th overall.
- Oskar Sundqvist currently has a three-game point streak.
- Moritz Seider continues to negatively lead the Red Wings with a -13 rating.
After Sunday’s win, the Red Wings are 5-3-2 on the road. …With 77 goals scored, Detroit currently sits 17th overall in goals scored. …With 76 goals against this season, the Red Wings currently sit 15th overall in fewest goals against. …The Red Wings have a goals differential of +1 after 24 games. …With 29 points in the first 24 games, the Red Wings are on pace to collect 99 points on the season. …Gustav Lindstrom and Elmer Soderblom remain sidelined with injuries. …Tyler Bertuzzi had successful surgery on his thumb and is expected to miss six weeks of action. …Austin Czarnik was recalled to replace Bertuzzi on the active roster.
The Week Ahead
The upcoming week for the Detroit Red Wings includes three road games in five days. The Red Wings will start the week on Tuesday with a game against Tampa Bay. Game time is 7:00 PM at Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL. Detroit will continue the Florida portion of the road trip on Thursday with a game against the Panthers. Game time is 7:30 PM ET at FLA Live Arena in Sunrise, FL. The Red Wings will conclude their longest road trip of the year on Saturday with a game against the Dallas Stars. Game time is 2:00 PM ET at American Airlines Arena in Dallas, TX.