With solid goaltending and terrific defensive play, the Detroit Red Wings started November with three consecutive wins over teams from the Metropolitan Division. The Red Wings started the month by defeating Washington 3-1 on Thursday. Ville Husso then posted the 3-0 shutout win over the New York Islanders on Saturday. On Sunday, the Red Wings went to overtime before Dominik Kubalik scored on the power play giving Detroit a 3-2 victory over the Rangers at Madison Square Garden in New York.
After Sunday’s victory over the Rangers, the Red Wings now sit in second place in the Atlantic Division with a 7-3-2 record. The impressive start to November also places the Red Wings 6th overall in the NHL standings.
- Ville Husso has the 3rd best GAA (1.86) in the NHL. Husso also has a SV% of .941, good for 6th in the NHL.
- Dominik Kubalik and Dylan Larkin lead the Red Wings with goals (6), assists (9), and points (15).
- Kubalik also leads Detroit with eight power-play points.
- Filip Hronek leads all Detroit defensemen in assists (7) and points (7).
- Hronek also leads the Red Wings with a +7 rating.
- Larkin and David Perron lead Detroit with 32 shots on goal in 12 games played.
- The Red Wings have nine power-play goals in 12 games. The Red Wings success rate on the power-play is 20.5%, placing Detroit 18th overall.
- Detroit’s success rate on the penalty kill is 82.1%, good for 8th overall.
- After a slow start, Moritz Seider has four assists in his last four games.
- Filip Zadina, Jordan Oesterle, and Austin Czarnik are the only current roster players without a point.
- Elmer Soderblom and Robert Hagg currently have -5 ratings to start their respective Red Wings careers.
After Saturday’s win at home, the Red Wings are 5-1-1 at home, 2nd best in the NHL. With 35 goals against this season, the Red Wings currently sit 12th overall in fewest goals against. The Red Wings have a goals differential of +2 after 12 games. Filip Zadina sustained a lower-body injury on Saturday and, according to head coach Derek Lalonde, “is expected to miss a significant amount of time.” Austin Czarnik was recalled from Grand Rapids on Saturday and played his first game in a Red Wings uniform on Sunday.
The Week Ahead
The upcoming week for the Detroit Red Wings includes three games in five days. The Red Wings will start the week playing on Tuesday at home against the Montreal Canadiens. Detroit will have one day off before they host the New York Rangers on Thursday. Both games will be played at 7:00 PM ET at LCA in Detroit, MI. The Red Wings will begin a long road trip in California on Saturday. They begin the trip in Los Angeles to play the Kings. Game time is 10:30 PM ET at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, CA.